• 2019 SR Convention Documents:
These documents were approved at the December 14th and 15th, 2019, Founding Convention of Socialist Resurgence.
• Tendency for a Revolutionary International:
• Permanent Revolution Faction Documents:
The documents below present many of the key political views and principles supported by the Permanent Revolution Faction (PRT) within Socialist Action (U.S.). Most PRF members were undemocratically expelled from Socialist Action in October 2019; they and other ex-SA members then went on to found Socialist Resurgence.
A) Three resolutions from the 2018 Socialist Action National Convention are presented here —
• The resolution on the imperialist nature of China was approved by Convention delegates, but never published:
• The resolution on Russia was not adopted at the Convention because of disputes regarding its analysis of Russia’s actions in Syria and the connections of Russia with the far right. It did, however, cause Socialist Action to vote in favor of recognizing Russia as an imperialist state, and to vote to hold a discussion on publishing a revised work based upon this document. However, the discussion never took place, and the resolution remained unpublished:
• The resolution on Syria was defeated by a narrow vote at the Convention:
B) Below is the declaration and programmatic platform that Tendency One (later the Permanent Revolution Faction) submitted to the April 13, 2019, National Committee plenum in Socialist Action. Also included is a resolution on Venezuela that was supported by Tendency One and submitted as an amendment to the Draft Political Resolution for the plenum. The amendment was rejected by majority vote of the National Committee —
C) Below are copies of the Draft Political Resolution and the Resolution on Organizational Functioning that the Permanent Revolution Faction submitted to the Oct. 6 National Committee plenum of Socialist Action. Both resolutions were defeated by the Majority Faction —
D) Below are documents published in Socialist Action newspaper and in SA internal documents regarding the struggle for the rights of trans people —
SR Bolivia Bulletin (1) of Gerry Foley writings on Bolivia from 2000-2008. The enclosed articles offer a rich understanding of the historical background of the current situation in Bolivia.